Prosecution expects to wrap soon in Murdaugh trial

Prosecution expects to wrap soon in Murdaugh trial



Traffic testimony today in the double murder trial for disgraced South Carolina attorney Alex Murdoch, Queen City news anchor Morgan Francis is in the studio tonight with details on the wounds that Maggie and Paul Murdoch sustained the night of the murders. Alec Murdoch broke down crying as a witness testified about his wife and son's final moments. I believe it would have hurt him. I believe he would have been in pain and I believe he would have been somewhat affected. And the reason I believe that is because I've got the 90 degree blood drops moving really, really slow. Crime scene expert Dr. Ken Kinsey testified both Maggie and Paul Murdoch were likely in a great deal of pain bringing accused killer Alec Murdoch to tears in the courtroom on Thursday.

He's on trial for their June 2021 murders on the family's sprawling South Carolina estate. Kinsey testified Maggie was shot three times before she was dealt two final blows, one to the back of her head as she was either kneeling or had a hand on the ground. Paul was shot once and walked toward his killer before he was shot a second time. Once Paul received that second shot, he never walked again. He never made any movement. Any movement he made was involuntary and it was due to gravity pulling his body down to the ground. When you sustain an injury to your brain like that, that ceases all movement.

The defense team argued the probable height of the shooter didn't match up. Why the second shot would be like this? I mean, we agreed a normal high person would have to crouch to make that shot. Police, Mr. Carpenter, I can't take you that part with my science. All I can look at is the angle, which is about like this. The state also presented evidence from September of 2021 when Alec Murdoch hired his alleged drug dealer to kill him so his surviving son Buster could collect millions in life insurance. That was a very bad place to present it.

I thought it would be better for me not to be here. What do you mean by not be here anymore? I thought that it would make it easier on my family for me to be dead. The prosecution is expected to rest its case this week. Murdoch faces 30 years to life if convicted of the murders. I'm Morgan Francis, Queen City News.



News, video

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post