Bryson DeChambeau Shoots Historic 12-Under 58 to Capture His First LIV Golf Tournament

Feature Image

Summary:

  • Bryson DeChambeau, eight-time PGA tour winner, captures his first LIV golf tournament with a historic 12-under 58.
  • DeChambeau's remarkable achievement places him as the second person to shoot a 58 in live golf history.
  • DeShambo's dedication and hard work culminate in his record-breaking performance at the Greenbrier.

Bryson DeShambo has an NCAA title, a US Open championship and has also been part of two Ryder Cups, but the eight-time winner on the PGA tour might have had his best career moment today at the live circuit at the Greenbrier. Derek Forest recaps the final round of this weekend's live golf tournament. We saw a lot of history here at the Greenbrier, but nothing bigger than what we saw here Sunday afternoon on the 18th. Green Bryson DeShambo goes on to win live golf at Greenbrier, but does it in outstanding fashion? He shoots a 58, one of the lowest rounds in live golf history and also becoming just the second person to shoot a 58.


The other one, Jim Furuk, pretty much felt like I blocked out after I made that putt, so I don't even know what's kind of going on, but it's beyond words. I've been working so hard for a long time and I knew something special was going to come at some point. I just didn't know when. Mentioning all the history we've seen here at the Greenbrier over the weekend, 58 wasn't the only thing we saw. But to do it in back-to-back rounds, once on Saturday with a 61, made it even more impressive. DeShambo had to sink a 40-foot putt in order to shoot 58 on Sunday. Here is DeShambo talking about his thoughts as he walked up to the 18th green.

"I'm thinking don't give myself a three-footer. I was like just getting as close as possible. And once we did, you know a bit of the calculations was like alright, it's a 40-footer and I hit a 40-footer to start off every single day in practice and I know exactly what a 40-footer feels like. And so I just made that feeling and I stroked it and it was."


Bryson DeChambeau's remarkable performance at the Greenbrier's live golf tournament has secured his first LIV championship, marked by his historic 12-under 58 in the final round. With this outstanding achievement, DeShambo cements his place in golf history and adds another milestone to his already impressive career.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post