Arkansan celebrates Kentucky Derby win as Co-Owner of Mage

Arkansan celebrates Kentucky Derby win as Co-Owner of Mage



never ever did I think the very next year we'd be on our other horse and win the Kentucky Derby. You heard it right there. New here at 10 in Arkansas. Man is in the winner circle after the horse he co-owns won one of the most exciting two minutes in sports. Talking about the Kentucky Derby. Bob News reporter Jose Carranza. He actually spoke to the horse's co-owner who many of you all may already know by his voice.

Now his raise to the winner circle started right here in the natural state. With the world watching and hundreds of thousands in attendance, one horse's name will forever be cemented in history. I lost my mind for a good 10 minutes running around that track. Hugging strangers, high-fiving people. It whisked away to the winner circle. It was still surreal. Since 1986, Derek Kastner, known as Deacon Radio Channel 94.

9, has marveled Arkansas Derbies. I've been involved in horse racing my whole life growing up in Hot Springs, Arkansas. My grandma would take me to the track. Teachers would let me out of class to go bet for them within the track. So I really had a passion for the knowledge of it. I've always looked at the winner circle and I was like, one day I'm going to be there, one day I'm going to be there. And then last year with the people I was and then you don't even think about the Kentucky Derby.

You don't even think about it. And I've never been a Churchill down in my life. Deke is amongst 382 winners who own Mage, coming from a Derby second-place sire and a Derby winner damn sire. He won his very first race. Then they put him right into a prep race in Florida. And he got fourth and then he got second in the Florida Derby. And I love the movie Made in the Florida Derby.

And I'm like, this horse can win the Kentucky Derby. And it wasn't a competition met without doubts. Seven horses died and favored to win Forte didn't make it to the big day. To get scratched the morning of the Kentucky Derby, that was awful. And I think he just had a foot bruise is what they pulled him for. But it was a very weird time with horses. It's just part of the sport and it's sad.

But despite the ominance of Churchill downs, the elegance of Derby fashion and the coveted run for the roses. I'm going to let you and everybody on channel five know that I have two shares of that horse. $100 got me into the winner's circle at Kentucky Derby. So it's very affordable with Commonwealth. This Arkansen who started at Oakland is glad to co-own his predicted Triple Crown winner. He came from last. He's got a gear that the other horses don't have.

Covering news where you live, Jose Carranza. Five news. Alright, Jose, thank you so much, Jose. Well, Jose, next time you got to ask him for some money. The next leg of the Triple Crown is the Pregnace Steaks, which is being held at Baltimore's Pemla Cove Racecourse. And while Deke says he's unsure if he will attend, he's just trying to enjoy this win for right now.



5 news, 5news, arkansas breaking news, arkansas news, arkansas weather, cbs station arkansas, cbs station bentonville, cbs station fayetteville, cbs station fort smith, kfsm, knxw, local news, northwest arkansas news, tv news, derby

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post