Backstage OL: Champions with Bobby Farrelly

Backstage OL: Champions with Bobby Farrelly



He's half of the famous Fairly Brothers. Bobby makes his directorial debut in champions. Backstagewell.com's Dave Morales spoke with him about the heartwarming comedy only for Fox. I know this is your shot at being champion. Hey man, nice to meet you. I love this.

You know, I'm a huge sports fan, but I'm also a huge fan of rooting for the underdog. Make it happen any way that you can. And I love that this movie, no spoilers, but I want to know from you what inspires you from this story and the heart that is the movie champions. The most important thing for me in this movie was working with all these disabled actors and realizing that they're every bit as good as any other actor. They really are. I didn't have to do any, I didn't have to make any consolations because of working with them. It was a lot of fun and they gave me outstanding performance.

And that's what Cheat said too when I asked him. He said it was just amazing to look out. He's been obviously acting his entire life and to see folks come in, for most of them, their first experience and then just knock it out of the park because honestly, I feel like that was just an important part to get this. All right, behind the scenes, I have to know because on paper when I see Woody Harrelson and Cheat's Marin together, I have to know that I'm a person who is really doing great. I'm not going to be in the show because I'm really impressed that you're with Harrelson and Cheat's Marin together on paper. I'm thinking, this has got to be just behind the scenes magic. What was it like for you to work and direct those two together? They did a play years ago that Cheat's told me about, but on camera in a film this was one of their first experiences.

Years ago I went to see that play that they did together. They're up in San Francisco and I've been friends with Woody for a long time. So that's where I met Cheat. He's up there. He's a great actor. He's a great actor. He's a great actor.

He's a great actor. He's a great actor. And I thought, who's going to play this Julio character? It came to us. How about Cheat? Cheat is perfect for this. And he was perfect. He brings so much heart to his part, but he's believable. He's that guy that you believe that he does run this rec center and that he knows this world and that he's that guy that he's happy to be doing this.

That's his life and that's what's important to him. And Cheat is that guy. Are you asking what do we do on the weekends with Cheat? And what do you, I think you know the answer to that. It's a fun song that will stay in your mind all day. Champions is in theaters tomorrow. We all need a heartwarming company every now and then.



morning-show, kriv, fox_26, champions, films, entertainment, Backstage OL, dave morales, Bobby Farrelly

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post